Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2.2 RXE D 'stop lamp'

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 16th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Further details

I have managed to get hold of the technical details for this model, the main computer which is controlled by the central locking system feeds a coded signal to the fuel stop solenoid (its a digital signal) so if the computer fails, the car will not start, it is reasonably easy to get around this by feeding a seperate 12v supply (via the ignition switch) to this solenoid - although the solenoid is well protected against such an activity, but in the end its just a solenoid and Renaults own tech instructions gets around this problem. In my case it was the failure of the pre-heat system that prevented me from starting, again, although lots of electronics involved, its easily circumnavigated using a seperate switch to operate the relays for the pre-heat for the glow plugs. Renault must have had a few problems with this engine running smootly when cold as there are lots of additional activities going on in this unit, but what the heck, as soon as its warm everything is AOK. These cars are great if you have a degree in electronics!
Currently in sammy7's garage:
1995 Laguna diesel
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome