Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Water leaking into car footwells

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 12th November 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Water leaking into car footwells

Originally Posted by AzCs View Post
I have water leaking into my espace somewhere and I dont really know where to start looking.

As I drive I can hear water rushing from side to side as i turn corners & on tighter corners the water pours into the footwells.

I know its not the matrix as it only happens after a downpour of rain or just after I have washed the car.

The seal around the screen looks ok, but I cant be 100% sure its not comming in there.

Where would this water be rushing side to side in ? and what is the most likely place the water will be entering ?

Similar problem - water pours off the windsceeen down through the air intakes of the heating system.

There is quite a large area on both sides that you can see if you lift the bonnet - froms more or less a large tank each side with no exits as far as I can see.

On my Mk 2 there is no way for the water to get out - it builds up in there and on cornering somehow manages to gush into the footwells.

I drilled a small hole up into the 'tank' area and a considerable amount of water really poured out.

Only problem is possibly fumes from engine bay up into air intake - but very small holes drilled and I now have dry feet.

Rgds Factseeker.
Currently in Factseeker's garage:
Renaulty Espace
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome