Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the Laguna II a good car?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Question Is the Laguna II a good car?

I have just sold my Laguna II Dynamique after just two months of owning it. The car was a good condition low miler with full history but I never had a week when I wasn't working on it. I defected from a Citroen C5 to Renault because, as reliable as the C5 was, it wasn't the most youthful or good looking of cars. The Lag was well specced and looked smashing and was in great nick.

I would be lying if I didn't say that I enjoy working on cars and it was rewarding to work on the Laguna but having worked on the C5 before (fitting some extras and doing servicing) I can categorically say that the Citroen is far better built.

What I found most disheartening about the Lag was the amount of wear on steering, suspension and braking components. It also had one or two electrical gremlins that I just couldn't fathom. Once I had sorted these, the car drove really well though I did find it thrashy at 70 mph - not at all like the Lag 1 Exec I once owned. I feel that the Lag 1, though nowhere near as interesting to look at was the better car...

So, rather than me gas on about my experiences, Have your say... What do you think about your Lag II? Clearly this is not scientific as there are many versions, different ages etc but as a straw poll, is it any good?
Currently in goon's garage:
Citroen C4 VTS - The Laguna has moved on to pastures new!
  5 Lastest Threads by goon
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
DCI engine oil filler housing Engines goon 0 941 14th August 2011 09:58 AM
Is the Laguna II a good car? Bodywork goon 16 5964 16th June 2007 09:07 AM
How to replace a strut bearing/ remove a... Miscellaneous gotminefree 7 14216 10th June 2007 06:26 PM
Ticked off - My Lagunas got no indicator tick! Electronics goon 4 1511 1st June 2007 10:25 PM
How to fit Laguna II reverse sensors for a tenner! Miscellaneous clivem 6 6431 1st June 2007 01:09 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome