Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - CLOCKSPRING (aka "rotational connector!") *FIXED*

View Single Post
post #53 of (permalink) Old 13th November 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: CLOCKSPRING (aka "rotational connector!") *FIXED*

Having studied this thread and googled and YouTube, I successfully replaced my faulty clockspring .... Or so I thought until a few days later trying to get into a tight parking space I felt the steering give, the dreaded noise came back and the airbag light popped up

Thankfully, the breakers yard were very good saying the clockspring may have been on it's way out and refunded me. I now have another and with that a dilemma as I now worry that maybe I THOUGHT it was properly aligned but wasn't??

I have scrutinised the faulty one and have noticed that when I turn the black casing there are TWO small white dots on the White casing underneath and one recessed area with two small dots at the bottom.

When I fitted the last one I lined the black casing with the N at the top the dot was at approx 2 o clock.

(The clockspring I'm playing with at the minute is broken so obviously will keep turning but I can align all three of the above in the 2 pm position - so how will I actually know which is correct)

I've taken pictures but I don't know how to uploAd them on here :-(

Help desperately needed as car is off road until mot tomorrow

Thanks all
Currently in tessie's garage:
2006 Renault Megane Coupe/Cabriolet
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome