Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Intermittant Starting Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th June 2007 Thread Starter
Jean Pereira
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Megane 1 - Intermittant Starting Problems

Over last 3-4 weeks my car has not started the first time each day, i.e. when cold. It turns over but won't start. If I left it for a couple of mins, it often did start.

Changed spark plugs and it started first time for a few days. Now, as well as not starting first thing, if it does start, it can cut out when idling so you have to keep revving it whilst stationary. Once its warmed up, it doesn't cut out.

Then, if you leave the car for a short or long period of time, it may not start. Had Green Flag out and he put a tester between the distributor cap and coil and reseated connections to the coil and it started fine. Two days later, it wouldn't start and hasn't started since.(4 days now).

I keep reading about TDC sensor. Should I replace that? Do I have to get a garage to do it and how much is it?

Amny help appreciated.

Currently in Jean Pereira's garage:
Renault Megane 1400
The Following User Says Thank You to Jean Pereira For This Useful Post:
  5 Lastest Threads by Jean Pereira
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Megane - Alternator Belt Snapped,Now... Engines Lagdti 11 5605 3rd October 2007 07:46 PM
Jean again with another problem Welcome to RenaultForums leroy 2 1480 17th June 2007 10:54 PM
Renault Megane 1 - Intermittant Starting Problems Megane MeganeFinn 77 141483 16th June 2007 01:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome