Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #721 of (permalink) Old 16th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Meesh View Post
yeah I have wrote to the European Commission health and consumer protection director general through MEP Malcum Harbour. The European commission have wrote the UK RAPEX contact to check the authorities have carried out all that is required of them under the General Product Safety Directive (General Product Safety Regulations in the UK). Through my job I deal with the GPSR that along with the knowledge I have through my FoI request to VOSA I am 99.9% certain that they have not even looked at these Regulations in relation to bonnet clip failure. if they had then this would've been an ideal scenario for VOSA to insist on a notice to warn if they did genuinely believe that the bonnet clip was maintenance related. Anyway don't want to cover old ground.

Demon you knowledge on this issue is greatly appreciated I thank you for your input. I know I am in for a long fight but I am happy to stick at it for as long as it takes cos I am a pain like that! Do you have a legal background?
Sorry I lost the thread. Changed the nickname also.
Legal, yes, respective of these here God and EU forsaken parts I guess.

Apparently, there have been no reports of same flaw here, yet, or ppl just disregard this issue. I'd much appreciate if you could direct me to a bonnet lock photo someplace, I will post it to the forum at my place and somebody with Clio II will make an inquiry with the official stealers for replacement here and see how it goes.
Currently in DanielX's garage:
1.6 16V K4М700 RXE BA04 05/99 in BG
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome