Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scammy Renault dealership?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th June 2007 Thread Starter
SiD the Turtle
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs down Scammy Renault dealership?

I took my car into the garage today as I was having another key programmed (only had the one which was slightly on the blink). When they had done they had told me they'd done a complimentary wash (good stuff, I was meaning to wash it down as the alloys were covered in filth from where I replaced the break pads last weekend), and a complimentary once over to identify any problems.

So the guy tells me that my nearside front suspension is broken and would fail an MOT. Funny I said, seeing as I had it MOT'ed only a week before. No comeback to that one (I know it could have gone since then but since getting it back home I've checked and it's perfectly fine).

Next one apparently that my brake discs are 'worn to excess'. In my slow mind for some reason I though of the brake discs as the brake pads as I had replaced them the weekend before (the car failed on having just under the legal minimum left) and so said 'funny that, as they were replaced last weekend'. So he goes on to say that my old brake pads brushing against my new disc would wear it down to what it is now (in the space of a week and < 100 miles no less) and offered to replace both the pads and discs...

Needless to say I won't be getting it serviced there.
  5 Lastest Threads by SiD the Turtle
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Mark 2 Clio - broken driver's side door lock Cars & motoring matt45 3 13012 10th March 2009 12:23 PM
The sun just came out, so of course my air con... Heating & cooling SiD the Turtle 3 1194 14th July 2007 04:43 PM
Scammy Renault dealership? Cars & motoring Lagdti 13 2126 16th June 2007 05:43 PM
Intermittent immobiliser problem Electronics SiD the Turtle 6 2082 6th May 2007 10:31 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome