Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 1.2 16v 2003 - Engines - Engine judder

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th June 2007
Amr Emarah
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I had the exactly same problem you had but only when the car was cold and once warmed up it runs smooth and I had the electric fault light on, everything was fine...sensors, engine mounts and mechanic took the whole manifold out ( the black one on the top of the engine containing the throtle body not the exaught manifold ) gave it a good clean and also cleaning the throtle body and ....WALA car is perfect and the electric fault light is off no more bad vibrations on cold start
be aware that this job needs a totaly professional mechanic that knows clios and done this before cause I saw my mechanic uninstalling this part which will be very difficult to one that hasn't done this before

My mechanic told me that this is a common problem on clios, when your air filter gunks up dirt the pressure inside the manifold is reversed cause the air filter is blocked so under high pressure it sucks some oil from the engine block leaving the manifold full of oil which is a bad sign....I saw it myself, the manifold was greesy and had engine oil in it

Also to all members the Top Dead Center sensor is for only starting up issues as it locates the crank position and sends it to the ECU , so if your car starts well without any probs then your Top Dead is fine

Hope this helps

Currently in Amr Emarah's garage:
2003 Renault Clio 1.2L
The Following User Says Thank You to Amr Emarah For This Useful Post:
Paul Simon (24th May 2016)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome