Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - some Clio info please

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 17th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Deso,

Well I have a slightly older Clio than you, but as far as I know you are supposed to change the timing belt at around 72,000 miles. I got mine done at 64,000 miles as the general recommendation is to change it earlier than officially stated.

I use 10W40 in my car, but 10W30 should be fine. I think my driver manual said to use 15W40... I'll have to check. There is a thread that I read earlier that might help you with this, I'll look it up and try to post a link here.

I'm not sure about the alloys or the engine number (might be different on different engines), but someone here should know.

As for scratch remover, well it depends on how bad the scratch is. If it's only a small one then a good polish and some elbow grease should get rid of it. T-Cut is good to restore colour, I'm not sure how it performs with scratches... I use 'Mer'; my Dad recommended it to me and it seems to do the trick. It breaks down some of the paint around the scratch and fills it in that way. If it's bad though then a touch up pen from Halfords seems to be the way to go.

Hope this helps!
Currently in ClioRallye!'s garage:
1999 Renault Clio II 1.6Si
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome