Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #151 of (permalink) Old 17th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by tractorboy View Post
Could anyone tell me the correct tyre pressures for my 02 Laguna. My comp says they are fine but im getting a lot of wear on the shoulders of the front two.
Pressures for 1.6, 1.8 2.0 & most 1.9dci.
are 2.0 bar(30psi) front & rear.
If auto-box add 0.1 (1.5psi)bar to fronts only.
For motoway use 2.3 front & 2.2 rear.
For 3.0l - Front 2.3 rear 2.1 ( no increase for auto box. Motorway use 2.7 front 2.2 rear.
For 1.9dci build codes BGOG & BGOR. front 2.2bar rear 2.1bar. (no increase for auto box).
Motorway use 2.5 front .2 rear.

Are both edges of the tyres wearing? If so this doess indicate underinflation. If only one edge they its lilely to be tracking and/or worn sterring parts. Look closely at the wear on the tread around the edge of the tyre. On each block lok for a sharp corner on one sode and a rounded edge on the other - this is a clear indicatin of tracking neding adjustment.

All my tyre warnings have now stopped. When the system was flashing the front 2 it was bcauase they were actually low pressure (28 psi). Pumped them up to 31 psi, and all is OK. i still havn't sued the car yet - head is off for new inlet valves. I got the car cheap because it was running rough! Someone had messed up a cambelt change andbent all the valves.

Currently in Ian_gary_price's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II Authentic 1.6 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome