Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 2.0 IDE engine problems !

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 18th June 2007
ide man
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Shnidys probs

I am pleased to here the advice about the plugs has helped . The engine is quite noisy as a rule its just how it is .
I feel the noise you can hear is the aircon compressor and not the fuel pump as I have noticed it has happened on mine when the aircon is on .
Another word of advice if you still feel it is the pump I would drive it until it goes it isn't a common fault on this engine .
Mine has now done 90,000 and never had a problem with the engine if only I could say the same for the niggling electrical faults which it has had lol .
And also the weak alloy wheels which I feel Renault should have recalled as it appears nearly every car fitted with the silverstone alloys have buckled wheels but what hope do we have when they have only just admitted they may have a problem with clio bonnet catches lol .

Many Thanks ide man

Don't know quite if it works but they are offering a free playstation 3 please click link below it somthing to with getting enough clickz .
Currently in ide man's garage:
03 laguna initiale 2ltr ide
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome