Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Starting And Door Lock Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic - Starting And Door Lock Problems

Bought a P reg Scenic 1.9 diesel a couple of months ago and already a couple of problems;

1. Offside rear door is locked permanently. Stripped down inside facing and all the levers/rods and central locking appears to be operating o.k however will still not open. Did find a small spring in bottom of door which could be cause i guess ?? Read in another forum solenoids are prone to giving up ? Big problem is access as near immposible to see what is going on without door being open first.

2. Every now and again (maybe once a fortnight) the car won't start at all. When you turn the key there is absoletely nothing, no sound/noises whatsoever. Don't think an immobilser problem as the car should at least turn over. Problem seems to cure itself after a few hours and car works as normal again. Have read other forums that mention fuel management relays in engine fuse box or a loose screw on earth wire from gearbox ?

First Renault i have owned and just wondering what i have let myself in for as have read about these problems and seem like common faults.

Can anyone give any definite clarification on how to solve these issue.

Help Please !
  5 Lastest Threads by islander
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic - Starting And Door Lock Problems Cars & motoring andytvcams 4 10301 18th June 2007 12:41 PM
Scenic Starting + Door lock Problems Welcome to RenaultForums NinJaSkrtel 2 1846 18th June 2007 11:22 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome