Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the Laguna II a good car?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 18th June 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by matt_dci View Post
and apart from a couple of warranty repairs, I've had a faultless 3 years with the Laguna so far
Same here - passenger side front window reg failed at 18mths,front driver side started to play up at 26mths - dealer replaced under warranty anyway as it was starting to fail.

Car has done just over 41000 miles and is now 36 mths and a week or two old.

1.9dci 120bhp is pretty good,quiet when cruising ( a bit noisy under acceleration, but can't be too fussy - it is a diesel) and we get approx 53mpg.
It does everything we want it to, has loads of toys.

Will I buy another one? Don't know is honest answer. Servicing is expensive but I have found an independant garage to help overcome that. The Laguna is starting to show its age now,(front end and dash look a bit dated) although ours is still in excellent condition inside and out, almost as new! ( the Laguna II models as a whole when compared to other models on the market look dated, PH II is a bit better).

The new model will be out of our price range for a few years. So if I cannot find anything else when we change in about 12mths time (ish) I may well get a Lag II Phase II.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.

Last edited by SportTourer; 18th June 2007 at 08:02 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome