Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace Problems

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Smozz View Post
I've had a Renault Espace (III) 2.2 RT-DT 1997 (R) for nearly 2 years now, and I've got a few problems which I'm struggling to get sorted out:

1) The airbag warning light comes on at start-up, followed a few seconds later by 'service', I've had it checked by a non-Renault electronics diagnostic company who couldn't resolve it and said the ECU might need replacing - could this be the only solution?

2) The ABS warning light with the word 'stop' has just started coming on in the last few days, has anybody had this experience, what could it imply and could it be costly?

3) The light behind the dashboard which diplays the radio/cd info is intermittent - I've been told the whole dashboard has to come out to replace a bulb, but as it's intermittent, could it be anything else?

I'd appreciate help from anybody with similar experiences or knowledge of this car!

Many thanks,
Hi Smozz,

I would check all the grounding points first, as this can throw up all sorts off errors.

Good luck,
Currently in bagpiper's garage:
2002 renault espace 2.0 16v privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome