Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Car windscreen repairs?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Just resurrecting this old thread because I've just had a chip repaired. It's the first time I've had this done - normally, I ignore stone chips and just wait for the biggy that turns into a crack. But this one was right at eye level, dead-ahead from the driving position, so I thought I'd get it sorted.

The result is definitely much improved, but I'd be lying if I said it was invisible. It looks like a small water mark on the windscreen, even though the area is clean. I'm wondering if this is typical for the repair. If not, is it something peculiar to the athermic windscreen (maybe they've drilled through the special coating) or have they not done the job properly?

So any input from anyone who's had a chip repaired, especially on an athermic windscreen, would be welcome. Out of interest, they told me that anything smaller than a pound coin is repairable, though if it's right in the field of vision, it should preferably be smaller than a 5p.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome