Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Servicing your own car... Good Idea?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Hi i like you started to do it myself many years back as to save money, many of my cars have never been brand new,well none to be honest but yes you do have to start somewhere,it will take you many years to build up you tools and still then there will be a job you will go to do and you will not have that tool and will have to go out and buy that tool but that for me is great i love my tool box,the way i look at it if your beat and or cant even do the job i have always had a local independent garage and if iam beat i use them for the major jobs and even though you are only doing the simple jobs once you have your tools well gathered up you will start to save a pound or two,as lag say there is night classes you could do to learn the basics i was Lucky as i loved to rally and had a good service crew and i also worked as a car breaker to learnt as i went along and being a bit of a petrol head help too,but as many have already said safety first and if in doubt get it checked out all the very best Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome