Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the Laguna II a good car?

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
In Two Years ***8211;

New turbo & intercooler - £1650
New EGR valve £250
New front pads - £62 (used a ***8216;quick***8217; garage & saved a kings ransom on Renault prices)
8 tyres - £560
New rear axle bushes and shocks -£350
New cam belt - £450
New sump seal - £90, G*d knows why that leaked!
New wheel sensor, charged £80 for new sensor + programming, failed after 1 day, reset 3 times free since but not permanently cured the problem. ( I cured it the French way ***8211; stuck a piece of insulating tape over the warning light, given up hope Renault can fix the bl**dy thing).
Pair of hoses that perished £120
Replace snapped aircon pipe + recharge system £275
Small plastic shoe broken on the sunroof rendering it useless, quoted £450 for new sunroof assembly - told Renault to stick it when they said they couldn't obtain the part......
Plus all the servicing costs, parts etc, the list seems endless***8230;***8230;.
In two years it's cost me more than the car did!

Can***8217;t compare the Lag2 to the Lag1 we used to own, that one went on forever which prompted me to buy a better one ***8211; should***8217;ve gone to Specsavers.

Or bought a petrol one!

So I don't think it's a particularly good car, certainly not as good as the Series1

Political correctness defined:
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
Currently in Nick's garage:
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.5

Last edited by Nick; 19th June 2007 at 08:17 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome