Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Won't Start!! Has New Battery

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
It must be a common fault with clio's there are a number of people on here with the same problem including me. Been to 8 different garages and they cannot find whats wrong, cant this be bought up with watchdog as its not normal.

Originally Posted by seanandcarina View Post
Hi, I have a x plate clio sport 1.4 and it won't start.

It started about a month ago, I called the AA out who said battery was dead and needed replacing, this completed the car was fine for about a day when it brokedown in a car park with my powersteering cable chewed, called AA again, this was repaired, car running fine for about a week, then last week I started my car ok,drove it 200 yrds down the road to post a letter and then carry on to the supermarket, got back in the car from the postbox and it wouldn't start! eventually after 10 mins of leaving it alone, I got it going! Called hubby and he said as new battery drive it for about an hour or so to make sure battery is fully charged, this done drove about 90 miles. Car was fine for another couple of days, then on Friday ready to go to antenatal appointment and it wouldn't start!! I get the dashboard lights on but no starting!! Today after reading some prev comments I tried again, however this time even the remote keys aren't working!! had to manually unlock the car and when the key goes in I get a weird noise but no starting, like a vibration noise. Does anyone have any idea's? Someone said that it's my starter motor, but wuld that effect my keys working too? Please Help!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome