Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Error message on a fully working electronic parking brake

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Error message on a fully working electronic parking brake

I have a Scenic with an electronic handbrake. All seems to work perfectly except a "check parking brake" message appears on the dashboard. It has been there for a couple of months.
This wouldn't be a problem, as its is not an failure but the wife doesn't like it, which is a problem. The car has been connected to 4 different full functioning diagnostic boxes including a genuine CAN CLIP at my local Renault dealer (fortunately no one has charge me anything so far). All the diagnostics say they can't identify the parking brake system, but all other system are OK. The CAN bus must be working to the parking brake system otherwise the brakes wouldn't work. So has anyone any idea what is wrong? and how to fix it?
I suspect the diagnostic system has just got confused, and just needs a master reset or the programme to be re-flashed or maybe there is a dirty connector somewhere. But I suspect the Renault garage solution would be to change every electronic box they can which may be expensive.
  5 Lastest Threads by g8zgm
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Error message on a fully working electronic... Brakes/Hubs dennij 12 2591 23rd November 2014 03:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome