Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - faulty sat nav

Thread: faulty sat nav
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to twoscarecrows
Originally Posted by Zedster View Post

I want to try your disconnect theroy out.
I have a 2004 Espace. The Sat NAV unit (where the CD goes) is located in the glove compartment. It all looks pretty much sealed in, I can't see how you get the thing out. Do you have any ideas? you mention pins?

Hi Nik

As far as I know, all in car entertainment is fixed in the dashboard using clips that can only be unhooked using propriatory pins. My sat nav cd unit is like yours, I think, as it is also housed in the glove box. If it is the same one it utilises the bog-standard pins that you can easily get from Halfords etc. The pins are basically a bent wire that fits in the 2 holes top and bottom of the unit. There are 2 pairs of holes, so you need 2 pairs of pins. If you cannot find any, try cutting up an old coat hanger, bend it into a U shape (make 2 of them)and push it into the holes. This will unclip the unit, although you might have to phaff around trying to persuade it to come out. Newer headsets, such as my Cabasse 6cd player uses different pins that I have not yet found. Fortunately, I have no need to remove the cd player (yet) so I am not worried.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.
Currently in twoscarecrows's garage:
2002 Vel Satis 3.5 Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome