Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2000 - Engines - Vibrating noise

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Mmm......I'd be inclined to leave it alone.It seems to be working OK and thats the main thing.

If they begin to give trouble,they usually either bring the revs up at idle or the engine cuts out at idle.All it is is an electronic solenoid that opens and closes to allow air to pass through it when the throttle is closed to allow the engine to idle at the correct speed.New ones are around the £90 mark(thats what Peugeot charge for an identical unit,anyway) and so far I've never had to change on a Renault......yet.....although having said that,our Laguna has a tendency to idle too high when it feels the need to,so I might take mine out and have a look at it!.Sometimes they'll get deposits build up around them and it effects the seal that is made between the end of it and the seat it sits in.I've just tried mine and it is silent and it doesn't vibrate,but as long as your car is idling OK,I'd leave it be for now.

EDIT:A proper diagnostic test would be a good idea,but it won't often show up problems with the valve unless the ECU is getting the wrong voltage back from it.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo

Last edited by Lagdti; 20th June 2007 at 07:31 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome