Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace 3 - Front Suspension Knock*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 21st June 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Heres some pics of the bearings that came out of my struts.I would say theyve been in there since the car was new cause I cannot find anything in the history.Looks like the droplinks were replaced to try and cure the knocking but obviously it was not.

To do both sides it has taken me around 6 hours but I had to do the D/S CV Gaiter aswell,and this took ages cause I struggled to split the CV Joint from the Driveshaft(wish I had a cone).Passenger side I disconnected the strut from the hub rather than remove the lot like I did on the drivers side,this was much easier
The bearings go between the strut and the spring cup which detaches from the strut.I have never seen this style before and I think its a poor deign cause all the crap off the road gets lodged in and ruins the bearing as you can see.
I didnt use any fancy spring compressors just one pair of short ones which I did 2 loops on each side with.
The difference it has made is incredible no more cluncking lock to lock and no more fighting the steering to keep the car off the kerb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	strut bearing 001.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	3446   Click image for larger version

Name:	strut bearing 002.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	3447   Click image for larger version

Name:	strut bearing 003.jpg
Views:	156