Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2002 Renault Megane (new shape) AUTO WIPER, LIGHTS FAULT, PLZ HELP

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 21st June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up i see

Hello sir, after what you said and the reply from the person below (thanks, its helped alot) I opened the housing to the rear view mirror and saw one wire hooking from the reaview mirror (auto dim which also doesnot work! ) and another wire going into the round sensor. That was inserted in properly. There was also one more wire, with a sqaure connector at the frount which i could work out where to go, and there is no space for it to go. Do you know what this must mean? mabey its just a factory spare If you know, plz let me know. I think im gettin nearer to the problem, it might just be the sensor or the control unit of the sensor (controlling lights and wipers) One more thing please, what was the problem with yours and what did you have to sort out? thanks very much
Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
Hi. I've not had this problem with mine but for a guess the fault will be with the unit that controls the auto lights and wipers. Your car sounds like it has the auto wiper function which senses rain on the window. That's what the first position on the stalk is for and not intermittent wipe like on most cars. On my Clio the unit is situted by the drivers mirror on the front windscreen. It houses a rain sensor and a light sensor. The light sensor switches the lights on the vehicle when it goes dark. With the Clio I think Renault tried there hand at multiplexing with this unit and so it communicates info from these sensors to the main unit using only two wires.

Hope this might help

Mr A.
Currently in varun's garage:
2002 Renault Megane 1.4 dynamique petrol maunal
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome