Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Taking care of your car!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd June 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to spottedhaggis Send a message via Skype™ to spottedhaggis
Taking care of your car!

There are a good few experts and experienced drivers in here, many of whom are experienced at general self mainteance, so I would like to ask those who are experienced and experts to do the following for all of us less experienced drivers.

1. Monthly regular maintenance that should be undertaken, irespective of miles driven (filters, any aditives for oil , fuel, etc, you know the sort of thing)

2. Monthly checks, what to check, brakes, lubricants etc

3. Quarterly maintenance recomendations (as above with any other additional recomended checks.

4. 6 Monthly checks, again as above but any recomended additional checks

5. Pre-MOT checks that should be done

The list I visioned would allow any experienced and non experienced driver to do the following.

1. Know what to do on a month by month basis that can be done by anyone to maintain a good runing engine, body etc.

2. KNow what should be done every 3 and 6 monthly perioods again, things that can mostly be done by any level experience.

3. A general list of most common MOT failures that can be checked before an MOT to try and get a pass, this should include physical checks that only require jacking up the car, how to adjust hand-brakes to pass, how to check beam on lights is not too high etc, and anything that can be added or should be done to an engine before it goes for the emitions test.

I think you get my drift.

If we can get a good few responses, I will generate the whole thing into a set of HTML pages for your links section (to open inside the links sections) Images would be helpfull, but may not be practical since this should apply to most Renault vehicles, however if someone wants to section their entry thats fine and I will do the same.
Hope this can be done.
Currently in spottedhaggis's garage:
2002 Laguna 1.9 DCI Privilege....and is loving every second of it
  5 Lastest Threads by spottedhaggis
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
engne over heat now whistling Engines Ralph 2 1350 10th July 2010 03:21 PM
Right brake light issue Electronics spottedhaggis 2 1623 17th May 2010 01:59 PM
weird stereo related issue Electronics Horatio 2 1481 15th March 2010 10:13 PM
Vauxhall Corsa - Gear Selection Problem Other makes martyboi 14 7928 14th November 2009 03:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome