Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing a Laguna II window regulator

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by goon View Post
I covered this in another thread but here goes:

My regulator went and I bought a new one on eBay for 60. Fitting it couldn't be simpler. I'll give you a step by step:
1. Disconnet battery.
2. Carefully prise off plastic A trim (on the inside where the mirror is.
3.Pry out the circular plastic cover in the door handle.
4. Using a torx drive (I think T15) unscrew the door handle screw and the two at the bottom of the door.
5.Using a panel lifter or flat bladed screw driver, carefully prise off the door card.
6. Feed the door handle through the card and disconnect the speaker, three window switch multiplugs and the courtesy light.
7. It looks a mess but its easy. The regulator is held in with 5 bolts. carefully loosen these and then reach up and edge the window down.
8. The window is held on two runners by blue plastic clips. These have a black clip on them. Carefully pull these off. You can now lift away the window. Support it in the door with a block of wood.
9. Unscrew the bolts fully, the pull the rear runner through the hole towards you, then the front.
10. Unscrew the motor and attatch it to the new regulator. Fitting is the reversal of removal. When you re-attatch the window switches, it may be jerky going to the top. Don't worry, once you get there it will work perfectly.

I did mine in 20 minutes having never done one before. total cost 60 quid! Good luck and have a go!
hi my drivers window (laguna sports tourer 53 plate) has been squeaky for a while, then on holiday whilst on the motorway towing my caravan i went to adjust the mirror extension down came the windon but it would only move about an inch up. multiple tries but just the same. at the next services i tried all sorts pulling the window up moving it down. something gave! the motor runs ok but the window has come out of its fixing. i was able to manually push the window closed and there it has remained for the rest of the holiday. prior to stripping the door trim off as above any other tips/help, pointing me in the right diredtion would be greatfully received so i know what i'm getting into. if you know of a better more comprehensive guide to stripping the doortrim i would be greatful as the above seems just a little too simple. also is it really necessary to disconnect the battery? is the haynes manual any good and worth buying?
thanks in advance
Currently in kayal's garage:
laguna estate diesel
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome