Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace - ICE AUX input

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2007 Thread Starter
John J
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Try looking in the following thread.

Aux Input Adapter For Renault - AV Forums

I did store some info on aux inputs (somewhere) which suggested it was simply a case of fitting a special lead - I'll try to dig out & re-post.

The mini-ISO connectors referred to are availale on e-bay. Simply search for mini-ISO.

I didn't get round to doing this as the boss and I decided it was probably best not to if I wanted to keep our sanity. The kids like watching their favourite DVDs over & over again. On a trip to Euro Disney the kids were able to watch their DVDs with the sound via the monitors whilst we listened to the stereo with only the front speakers on. Not something we could do with the DVDs playing through the car audio. We bought the (much cheaper) aftermarket clip on units which can also be used in the accomodation.

I'm pretty sure I've seen aux-in audio leads on e-bay for the Espace from time to time. Don't see any at the moment though.

ps have you considered connecting an RF transmitter & tuning in on the car audio. Not as good I agree but less cabling!
Currently in John J's garage:
Family car - 2004 3.0dCi Grand Espace. Fun car - Calibra 4x4 Turbo

Last edited by John J; 23rd June 2007 at 08:31 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome