Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 182-Bunny Killer!!!!

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2006
A former user
Sorry to hear the bunny lost it's life ( or at least it's fluffy ears ) and also your splitter damage but like you say ( could have been worse )..

A story spring's ( no pun ) to mind here..

1. I used to drive a 1967 Cal Look VW Bug which was lowered about 4" around..( yes I was young and impressionable )...

At the rear of the bug was fitted an empi tuned exhaust ( around 1" from the road ).. Like this one

One summers night an ickle bunny popped up in the road ahead of me..

Dazzled by the lights she turned one way + then t'other before deciding the best bet was to duck down in the middle of the lane so as to allow my bug to travel over her with a wheel either side.. This was much to my releif until I heard a horrid thump as she hit the aforemention exhaust system at the rear..

Needless to say the resulting mess ended up spot welded to a very warm exhaust... Sad for bunny.. Even sadder for moi as had to clean with wire wool and repaint exhaust with high temp coating..

Here's a pici with the exhaust on ( not my old car ) so you get a better idea of the whole thing..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome