Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Bodywork - Rear Screen Failures on Sport Tourer Versions

View Single Post
post #100 of (permalink) Old 9th December 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Bodywork - Rear Screen Failures on Sport Tourer Ver

Originally Posted by Mukiwa View Post
I've had my rear screen go in a Sport Tourer. It was on a winter morning.

Before it went, I had noticed that some of the heater elements in the glass were discoloured as though they had burnt out or damage. These were all on the nearside.

Put the breakage down to a hot spot and paid my insurer the 70 excess.

Gave me a big fright when it popped.
My 2007 initial sports tourer rear heated screen exploded yesterday. It was not manually switched on but the climate controlled heating was set to auto.
The car had just parked up with the engine just switched off when there was an enormous explosion and glass bits everywhere ,fortunately most went outwards away from the two rear passengers. Smoke was coming from burnt hole in the nearside rubber seal between the glass & boot frame. The piece of glass left along the nearside was discoloured and looked as though it had been overheating for sometime.
It would appear from this thread that it has become more than an isolated fault over the years.
I took the advice of you contributors a not to use Auto Glass and used National Windscreens.
I phoned my insurance (RIAS)on Sunday Afternoon of the "explosion" and they forward the call and connect me to National Windscreens and they informed me that a new screen would be ordered first thing Monday morning and installed Tuesday. Also would I like to have the car weather proofed with a Crash Wrap plastic seal over the open window. This was complete within two hours. Excellent service. The team arrived Tuesday (as stated) and the replacement heated rear glass was completed and fully functional in 45 minutes . Well done National Windscreens.(Slough Berkshire Branch.
Currently in brianwright22's garage:
Renault Laguna 2.0 DCI Sport Tourer Estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome