Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 26th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by keyz View Post
I can think of nothing better for my scenic than for it to go to go up in flames - is the problem controllable such that it can happen when there is no risk of injury to anyone?

(Apologies for my facetiosness to anyone who suffered stress, injury or financial loss due to their scenic bursting into flames)

I was just thinking much the same.

After a complete top-end rebuild recently (timing belt went at 119k), electrical problems whenever it rains (orange light comes on, revs shoot up, only drop when braking. and now after the floods this week a flashing orange light where it refuses to turn the immobiliser off until i've locked and unlocked it 10 or 20 times), front wipers turning off when i turn the rear one on, melted plastic headlight connectors, grinding electric windows, broken interior door handles all round, inches of rain in the footwells, juddering clutch... as long as i was alone and didn't have my band gear in the back - i might just throw some marshmallows on and stand well back
Currently in wesocp's garage:
98 Scenic Monaco 1.9DTI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome