Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

View Single Post
post #357 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

I do a 35 mile trip to my wifes work and back twice a day, the kids to school ( the car doesnt even get hot) and a run to visit family once a month ( 180 mile round journey not including running around while we are there.)There is more often, than not four people in the car and on the monthly family visit the dog plus a weekends luggage as well.That works out at roughly an average of 400 miles a week. I would say 60% dual carraigeway, 20% town 20% B road.I have only had the car for three (cold) weeks but so far i am averaging 52 MPG.This far surpasses my previous car, a 406 HDi, a car which i believe in its early days was known well for good economy? As a comparrison, In the Pug, above 55MPH, economy dropped below 47MPG on a constant readout from the computer, the higher the speed the lower the economy.My new Laguna after reseting the trip earlier today shot up to 67MPG on a 3 mile stretch at 65 MPH.I really cant grumble at all!Dan
Currently in Danzul90's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 1.9 DCi Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome