Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #78 of (permalink) Old 27th June 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by fireball scenic View Post
Thanks Barachello,

I will be looking to you then if Renault try and fob me off with excuses!

I am a biker as well and know that if two bikes had the same electrical fault, the manufacturers would recall the entire production run and fix the problem.

Why can't car manufacturers take the same approach, (Bigger dent in the wallet no doubt?)

Cheers - Dave

Hi Dave,

Renault seem quite slow to react to recalls , Despite their claim to be very safety oriented and customer lead.

Anyone suffering from this problem, Even if they just find the switch/connector very hot they should notify VOSA as well as RFC .

What with the recent Clio bonnet catch fiasco Renault will surely not want this to become a long running battle with the Media etc, Their sales have dropped quite dramatically not sure if it is due to the recent adverse publicity generated by the Clio bonnet issues or due to the general downturn in sales in the car industry.

Perhaps you could contact fellow Members meesh or brigatti who have had a long running issues with Renault due to the Clio bonnet catch, They might offer good advice on whom to contact with all the relevant authorities

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome