Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #80 of (permalink) Old 27th June 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Thanks for the email selwonk. just the other day, i was sat in my wifes scenic waiting at school for my daughter, when i felt the need to adjust my mirrors. after doing so i realised that the key was in the off position. As I don't drive it that often, i've never noticed this before, and it seemed a little strange that they were still live with the ignition off, so i had a play with them and found out they still worked with the key completely out. Then I thought I'd try the other electrics with the key out, and discovered that the drivers window would sometimes work with the key out. could this be on the same fuse or related to the mirrors, and why just the drivers window.

I'm not too happy about this and I hope fireball scenic assisted by watchdog etc. can force renault into issuing a recall. I'll sign a petition if there is one to sign.

I'm also concerned about the insurance issue after reading codeye's post. " Any mechanical, electrical, electronic, computer or computer software breakdowns, failures, faults or breakages.". Surely that refers to the component itself failing, Surely you are covered against fire though even if it is caused by a fault/failure, or maybe not it seems. I don't fancy reading my policy booklet though.

Reminds me of a problem i had with my house insurance. Wife left grill on by accident. went out 1/2 hour. came back. kitchen on fire. Extinguished fire. Insurance company said. No accidental damage on policy. covered against fire but not accidental damage. Hmmmm? must be covered against deliberate fire then!!. Now have accidental damage on policy.
All my fault for having bacon butties for brekkie. No bacon in fridge when she went to it - after switching grill on.
Currently in twillco's garage:
Mercedes C250 Sport & his wife drives a Scenic 1.6 Fidji
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome