Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 17th July 2005
Hopefully Laguna II Owner may pop over and give some opinion on this Stu.

One thing you have to remember is that a lot of people posting on forums only do so to talk about problems, this can give you a paranoid view of what's going on.

I recently bought a Porsche 996. I was very nearly put off because when you read Porsche forums they would have you believe that every early 996 blows it's engine and ends up costing 12k to replace it.

The truth is that quite a number did have a problem because of a manufacturing problem where by the block was too porous and on 'some' the water and oil mixed causing catastrophic failure.

I still bought one because I've always wanted a 911 and couldn't afford a new one, but I was careful which one I bought. Ultimately I may end up losing the engine but I don't let it put me off enjoying the car.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem with the Laguna's MK2 engine, it's probably been blown out of all proportion though.

What year's your car? Is it under any warranty?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome