Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #728 of (permalink) Old 27th June 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I havn't read through all 131 pages so apologise if I am just repeating other peoples views. In my opinion the issue is not with the bonnet catch more about Renault no having it in the maintenance schedule.

My Clio 2 catch is very rusty but in 4 years and 130k it has become a problem twice. Both time were when I tried to shut the bonnet it would not shut. The latch had become stuck and after freeing off with a screwdriver and some WD40 it is now fine again.

I know of someone whom this has happened to i.e bonnet flipping open at speed smashing the windscreen and denting the bonnet and roof. They are competent with cars and say they did check the bonnet was closed though but to me the most important check when shutting the bonnet is to make sure it is shut by lifting it. Also when closing drop it from at least 10cm.

We can't blame Renault after all the Clio has spent most of it's life with a bonnet that this can't happen with
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome