Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane with flashing spanner

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 27th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by coley21 View Post
Looking for some help - bought a renault megane at the weekend. It now has a flashing spanner when I am at the main computer page. The garage told me it is not due a service until September and the only thing I notice is it says Oil level okay but then changes to oil needs change soon. Does anyone know what this spanner means and what I should do? Should I take it to a garage?
If it's like my Laguna, it could mean it is nearing a service or oil change. The spanner flashes as a warning. There is a setting on your computer which tells you the mileage until the next service. It is the option just after the cars actual mileage if you are clicking through the options using the end of your wiper stalk. This can be reset manually after your service, which takes it back up to the 18000miles counting down.

If you had low oil , or a problem, (on the Laguna) the orange "serv" light would show alongwith the appropiate warning light.

It may differ slightly on the Megane, but hope this is of help.
Currently in saltire's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.8 Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome