Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hello from Portsmouth - Mk1 Trafic with MOT woes!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th December 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello from Portsmouth - Mk1 Trafic with MOT woes!

Good afternoon fellow Renault people!

I come to you with MOT failure problems on our 1993 Mk1 Renault Trafic 'AutoSleeper' campervan.

Trying to figure out the best place to ask questions (a lot of places i've tried are read only) so if people could point me in the right direction for these issues - i'd be eternally grateful :-)

1. "Front mechanical brake component has restricted free movement" (both sides) so i'll be cleaning them out and copper greasing the hanger and caliper to ease the sticking. Any advice on these would be good thanks.

2. "Nearside rear wheel bearing has excessive play" Are these taper fit or press fit bearings? ( ebay item 381034359773 says press fit) Are they possible to fit with punch and patience or must they be done with hydraulic press? Any help would be great.

3. "Front lower suspension arm ball joint dust cover excessively damaged so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt" ( ebay item 111530187412 looks to be the one I need) will fit both sides to keep it balanced but any advice on doing these will help thank you

I'll check on this post daily as i'd like to get the work done over the Christmas period and use the camper next year.

Any help greatly appreciated - thanks ;-)
  5 Lastest Threads by darrenthrower
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Hello from Portsmouth - Mk1 Trafic with MOT woes! Brakes/Hubs maanma 5 1004 16th December 2014 01:10 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome