Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the Laguna II a good car?

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 28th June 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by pr_giles View Post
Perhaps you should really asked does the advantages of a big, comfy, easy to drive, well equipped car outweigh the disadvantages of hefty repair bills for the inevitable failures at your none-to-cheap Renault dealer?
That's the way I look at it, though as mine is on contract hire with full maintenance, it's a win-win situation as I see it. The car can throw as many faults at me as it likes - they're inconvenient, but they won't hurt me financially even once the warranty expires.

I should also add that the car's coming in fully maintaned at around 3/4 of the price of a Peugeot 407 SW that only costs 10% more on list. Lease companies aren't mugs, and if they think a car's likely to be a dog, they'll load the maintenance side of the contract accordingly. It seems that my lease company favours the maintenance costs of the Lag over the 407 - Either that or they're getting ludicrous discounts on list price on the Renaults.

So maybe Renault aren't lying when they claim they've got their quality issues sorted. And with the fully-loaded Initiale coming in at roughly the same price as a poverty spec 3 series, I know which I'd rather have.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome