Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault batteries

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault batteries

Has any one had this problem? I have just towed my new Pageant from a dealership to a stowage yard distance 7 miles max (I had just had a motor mover fitted).
Hooked up towed the caravan to the yard unhitched moved the caravan into place went back to the car Donk... wirrrr.... wirrr... flat battery.
The car is only 2 year 6 months old this has happened before when inflating two bicycle tyres using a battery powered tyre inflator you know the ones you plug in the cigarette lighter socket and had forgot to keep the engine running.
Donk.... flat battery had the AA out to restart it, he check the alternator and it is powering it OK but it looks as if the battery will not hold a sufficient charge so went to Renault dealer, sorry the warranty is only for two years on the batteries, how much for a new one £90 What!!!!
Anyone had this problem? Are the battery’s that are factory fitted so poor as to be useless in two years?
Car is a Renault Laguna II 1.9 Dci
Ps will go elsewhere for a new battery!!!!not Renault
Currently in lancer's garage:
2004 Renault laguna II 1.9 Extreme

Last edited by lancer; 28th June 2007 at 02:10 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by lancer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault batteries Electronics Normc3943 18 3217 28th June 2007 02:09 PM
Towing weights why does Renault make it so... Towing & Touring Club Donald 14 4611 20th June 2007 08:38 PM
Towing with a Laguna II Towing & Touring Club Horatio 5 1849 14th June 2007 10:19 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome