Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad change

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 20th December 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad change

had a couple of hours today and managed to get the actual EPB off but then struggled with the rest of it - is there another unit/thing on the rear beam that needs to come off before i can release the cables? The two bolts holding the beam cover are totally rusted to will need cut/drilled off if that needs to be removed.

Did manage to get the cover off and it does look like it's maybe been over wound as the screw bit seems to be at the far and and the latch bit on the rear has separated from the main bit.

Don't suppose anybody has any pictures of the inside of a normal scenic unit? The grand scenic unit is different since it has two cables exiting and the normal scenic has only one (plus the emergency release) and it would be good to see how it should look.

Also, how do i go about manually winding it so that it can be refitted? At least with it unplugged the car has stopped beeping at me :lol:
Currently in niallmoran's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6 VVT 2002 2004 Scenic 1.9 DCi Alfa Romeo 156
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome