Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 97 Scenic auto warning light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question 97 Scenic auto warning light

Hi all! It's my first post (I didn't know this forum existed until today but it's already been really informative!) and I hope someone will be able to help me

I have a 97 Scenic 2.0 auto which I have had from new. In the past few days the electronic incident warning light has been coming on intermittently and has today been lit almost all day. It felt like it wasn't changing gear properly, which having read around on here, sounds like it has been putting itself into "limp home" mode. Tomorrow I plan to change the gearbox oil and see if that helps. I would prefer to try this first and not to have to start with getting it diagnostic checked as I have been quoted 70+ just for that and it has recently cost me quite a bit to get it through its MOT.

One thing I would like some thoughts on (over and above whether it sounds like my gearbox might be a dead duck!) is whether the symptoms described above could have been in any way caused or exacerbated by a rear-end shunt I received about three weeks ago. A kid in a fiesta skidded into me in the wet while I was stationery waiting to enter a roundabout. As the little dear has still not admitted liability my car has yet to be properly checked over after this accident.

I'd love to know whether it's possible for damage to a) the electronic sensors or b) the actual transmission can be caused by this type of accident.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light

Currently in suey's garage:
1997 Scenic 2.0 auto
  5 Lastest Threads by suey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
97 Scenic auto warning light Electronics suey 6 1629 29th June 2007 07:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome