Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad change

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 21st December 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad change

Not sure it's progress but i'll see if i can get the whole caboodle off the car today. The scenic (non grand) only has a single handbrake cable from the unit that then goes to a splitter type arrangement above the rear beam....this is this bit i'm struggling to get off, probably easy once you know how :lol:

I've nicked another pic that shows the arrangement (off the car!)

I'm hoping that maybe sorting the unit to look like that fist pic, sticking it all back together and popping it back on will make it good as new.

Failing that i might look to get it reconditioned ( ebay seller will replace the motor for 150 and cables etc if needed) or maybe go down the manual conversion route...there's a guys that does the conversion for 500 (he's mobile) or will sell you a kit for about 300 and arrange for a local garage to reset the dash etc.

I'm reluctant to get a second hand unit as there seems to be still some question about programming....sounds like they do work but they won't necessarily be calibrated for the car properly.
Currently in niallmoran's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6 VVT 2002 2004 Scenic 1.9 DCi Alfa Romeo 156
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome