Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Buyer's Guides - Extended warranty info.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2006
Post Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Buyer's Guides - Extended warranty info.

Enquired about the costs of a extended comprehensive warranty for my 2003 laguna 2.2 when my manufacturers one runs out.

Renault want 1000 for a two year extension 5 Years or 80000 miles So a no go there.

Warranty Direct underwritten by Lloyds and the biggest in the market won't go near all pre 2005 Laguna 2's including my 2.2dci, so a kind lady informed me this morning.

So if the biggest aftermarket warranty seller won't even offer and Renault have hitch the price up to 1000 it looks like no one trusts this car including Renault.

I have had a qoute from Warrantywise for 515 but no main labour charge and qouted only 35 an hour with there network but can't see there guys fixing blown turbo 's, engines gearboxes etc. So need a 80 hour main dealer rate which then rockets back to near a grand.

Its apity Renault didn't try a little bit harder with this car when it came to quality and reliability because when they work its a superb car.

So decided to change in June and I may have to look elsewhere as Renault have built a car that will eventually cost you thousands in repairs if you keep it long enough if your not covered.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome