Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Interiors - Leak From Roof Area *Fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lightbulb Renault Scenic - Interiors - Leak From Roof Area *Fixed*

I too suffered the dreaded pond in my scenic. After reading many threads on this forum I tried all the suggested remedies. I unblocked all four drainage channels and yes they were blocked but this didn't cure the problem! I cleaned up my sunroof channels, nope. Cleared my windscreen scuttle drains, alas no also. Thought I would check inside conections for drainage channels and ariel. I removed most of the headliner in the car and left a slow but steady hosepipe running on top of my car. I couldn't believe it when I spotted the smallest trickle in two spots at the top of my windscreen where the water was coming through. From here it runs along the headliner, down the side windscreen trims, to the back of the dash and into the footwell. I sealed the whole windscreen along the headliner with clear silicon and put the headliner back. I have removed and been air drying the foam from under the frount carpets for a week now they were soaked through I had to scoop out all of the water. We have had tonnes of rain in the week since I sealed the screen in fact it hasn't let up for a full day yet and so far BONE DRY!! All thats left now is to keep my fingers crossed and hope my post helps out someone who is also at the faulty towers stage of whipping their car with its ariel. lol.
  5 Lastest Threads by hamsarnie
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic - Interiors - Leak From Roof Area... Scenic amg1 4 3106 29th June 2007 09:55 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome