Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Interiors - Alarm keeps going off - Espace

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Alarm keeps going off

High Danny Crane,

My car gave me simular events and I noticed that I didn`t allways get a continuous bleep when I locked the doors but the clue is when you unlock the doors and the car bleeps 4 times it means that the alarm has activated in your adsence. The other clue (on my car) was that the bonnet switch is push to break the contact and not push to make as you would normally find on a alarm system, and I think in the position its in it is prone to water ingress All I did to prove that it was the bonnet switch was to stick a small stick on rubber foot (like the ones you find on the bottom of certain kitchen
appliances) to the underneath of the bonnet so that it made the switch push further in and after one night of the alarm not going of it must of been the problem, that was 2 weeks ago and all seems to be well.On a lighter note I have just finished a 12 hour shift and feeling quite tired and my spelling is rubbish(I wonder if we can get a spell checker on this forum) .

bets of luk
Currently in geecee's garage:
2003 scenic 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome