Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the Laguna II a good car?

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 29th June 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
It is very difficult to go back to a lower spec car after having a high spec one It seems you get a lot in a Renault for a lot less money than other marques, How many of us would have thought of buying a Renault if it was not for the comfort & Toys, My Scenic IIs that I have had are one of the few cars that I can drive over long distances and still feel fresh at the end of a journey.

The reliability is a big worry though it not just niggles but some major problems that Renault have let run for to many years and unfortunately it will be of no comfort to owners of existing cars that there are improvements in the current build cars.

The dealer service network Leaves a lot to be desired, Tho I have seen an improvement in the 2 years or so that I have owned a Renault.

I would not buy a used Renault ( Or other Marque for that matter ) without a very comprehensive warranty as even what would seem quite miner repairs can be very expensive.

It is no comfort to an owner who is plagued with faults and huge bills if another says theirs has been trouble free .

It's a shame really for most Renault's are good looking well equipped, comfortable cars at an affordable price ( Big discounts ).

They Promise much in the new Laguna but they have said that with each newly introduced model over the last few years.

This is my opinion only and I'm sure there will be many who would agree and disagree alike.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome