Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electronic parking brake wont disengage.

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 21st December 2014
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Electronic parking brake wont disengage.

yup - my unit is now out and i think mended (or at least as mended as i can do!) and now waiting to put it back on the car.

The normal scenic is quite a bit different from the grand scenic - a quick summary would be:

Remove the bolts holding the EPB unit to the car and unplug it
Remove plastic rear beam cover (4 bolts and 2 clips)
Inside the car remove the yellow release handle
Under the car 2 small torx screws hold the emergency release cable tube to the car
Remove cables from calipers
Move the EPB to the left of the car to free up enough slack to wangle the "splitter" out
The splitter and EPB unit are now on different sides of the beam so you need to unhook the main cable from the splitter
You'll now be able to remove the EPB unit which has the 2 cables (i break cable and 1 emergency release cable) and the splitter bit with the 2 caliper cables.

Not too bad once you get going and overcome the usual problems of rusty bolts etc and work out how the bits come out. Does make you realise that the caliper cables are pretty easy to replace on the normal scenic and overall is probably a more reliable system than the grand scenic version since there's only a single "important" cable from the EPB.

Good luck :D
Currently in niallmoran's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6 VVT 2002 2004 Scenic 1.9 DCi Alfa Romeo 156
The Following User Says Thank You to niallmoran For This Useful Post:
Nottnoc (21st December 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome