Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna I - Phase 1 - Engines - Not starting ? - Solution found ;-)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Renault Laguna I - Phase 1 - Engines - Not starting ? - Solution found ;-)

Hi All,

Hope you can all help! I have change the thermostat in my Renault Laguna as the heater wasn't working. At the same time I changed the water and anti-freeze. This all went well but when I came to put it all back together it would not start. It eventually started to 'try' and was as though it was misfiring etc then eventually it started very badly but slowly got better - as though the engine management had started to sort itself out.

It then stalled and will not start at all. I eventually burn the solenoid out and had to buy a new starter motor unit. After fitting this we still couldn't get it to start and guess what, just burn the new one out. Arrrggggg!

Is there something we're missing? Is there any sensor somewhere - I just can't believe changing the water would cause so much hastle!

Any help is most appreciated!

5 Lastest Threads by fbnts
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Grrr, Laguna coolant disapearing! Heating & cooling fbnts 14 3089 12th February 2006 08:48 PM
Laguna Seized Starter Motor? Engines fbnts 2 1330 3rd February 2006 04:37 PM
Renault Laguna I - Phase 1 - Engines - Not... Laguna sparky 9 5322 9th January 2006 07:36 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome