Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Starting Problem*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by fireball scenic View Post
Don't bother with stressing and letting the local dealership spend more and more money. Go straight to Renault Customer Services (Manager Alex Phelan) and get someone to provide you with a car first. Then talk about the bill with them (You do not owe money for things that have wrongly been replaced) and I'm sure they will help.

The fault I would assume is not yours through misue / lack of servicing (Whether or not the vehicle is in warranty is irrelevant). Insist that Renault UK send one of their techs to the local dealer to evaluate the problem properly.

Sometimes you have to go to the top to get these things sorted.

If you want a full set of Renault UK director's email addresses let me know and I would be happy to oblige.
Thanks for your advice, mate. That's exactly what happened in the end. I started making noise and the dealership contacted Customer Services themselves. I got a car to use and a 50% reduction in the bill. I've just got my car back. They took advice from the Renault UK techs. It was the ECU . They had to replace it again as their initial replacement was also faulty. That's why it was'nt starting at all for them. And they could'nt figure that out without ripping my car to bits for 2 weeks..? Ah well, job done. Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to renoman For This Useful Post:
danieldjbrown (19th May 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome