Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Problem With my Scenic's Radio Code...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Problem With my Scenic's Radio Code...

Hi All,

I just went and bought a 1998 Scenic I Alize today, but the radio wouldn't work. I took it out and found that the cables didn't match the connections

I worked out that they were just extensions on the original cables though, so I pulled them off and plugged the normal ones back in, only to be greeted by a bright orange "CODE..." on the LED!!!

I don't have the code as I didn't get any books or literature at all, even though I bought it from a proper garage. I don't really want to mess about at a dealers to get it sorted so I just wondered whether there was anything you kind people could do to help? I seen some other threads around where someone posts their serial and they replied with a code - could it be that easy for me for once?

I really like this place, I stumbled accross it by accident really but I'm so glad I did, I can see me spending quite a lot of time here from now on If I can't be helped no worries, but please could someone let me know if this is the case, thanks in advance!!
Currently in Yami242's garage:
1999 (V) Renault Laguna 2.0 RXE
  5 Lastest Threads by Yami242
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna gearbox problem or electrics? WILL ONLY... Transmissions carl66 15 2814 27th December 2008 09:00 PM
Laguna Cruise Control... Electronics DJ1337M 1 1001 13th February 2008 09:11 PM
Problem With my Scenic's Radio Code... Electronics Yami242 13 1945 30th June 2007 09:56 PM
Hi All! Brand New Renault Owner! Welcome to RenaultForums chris m 4 721 30th June 2007 09:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome