Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Radio And Time Display Bulb Replacement

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 25th October 2005
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi, Firstly the dash needs a little tug to come off, i can't remember whether it's best to pull from the rear or the front though! But it comes off ok. Then you will have easy access to the clock console and the speedo console. The bulbs are located in little white holders that twist off. I changed the bulb in my mileometer with one from Halfords, although it is brighter than the clock display now so it may have not been the right wattage. The only problems I had was getting the bulb out of the holder, remidied by gently pushing up the metal holders out along with the bulb and then squeezing the new bulb inbetween the metal bits and pushing into the white holder. The other problem was twisting the white bulbholder back in as there was a shroud around the hole that my fingers couldn't get into easily, so a 'V' notch in a bit of dowel to hold the bulb holder was used. If the bulbs work then it is the clock unit, i've seen some on ebay .

Dean -Hope this wasn't too nonsensical!!
Currently in Deano's garage:
Scenic 1998
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome